Ph.D. Analytical Chemistry - Someday. University of Wisconsin - Madison, WI.
B.S. Summa Cum Laude Chemistry (Mathematics, minor) - 2010. Union College - Schenectady, NY.
2006-2007. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - Troy, NY.
- November 2010 - present: Characterizing the oxygen evolving complex of photosystem II by coherent multidimensional spectroscopy with Prof. John C. Wright at the University of Wisconsin - Madison.
- March 2009 - March 2010: Developing a method for spectroscopic characterization and modeling of the binding of perfluoroalkyl acids to human serum albumin with Prof. Laura A. MacManus-Spencer at Union College.
- June 2008 - March 2009: Spectroscopic characterization of the quenching of phosphorescent dyes in silica aerogels with Profs. Mary K. Carroll and Ann M. Anderson at Union College.
Teaching and Tutoring:
- September 2010 - December 2011: Teaching Assistant, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Chemistry 109 (Advanced General Chemistry) with Dr. John Moore
- Chemistry 524 (Chemical Instrumentation) with Dr. John Wright, Dr. Lloyd Smith, and Dr. Rob McClain
- Chemistry 621 (Chemical Instrumentation) with Dr. John Wright and Dr. Rob McClain
- January 2008 - March 2010: Tutor for Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Introductory Computer Science; Academic Opportunity Program at Union College
- January 2007 - May 2007: Tutor for Chemistry and Mathematics; Advising and Learning Assistance Center at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Hebert, P.C.; MacManus-Spencer, L.A. "Development of a Fluorescence Model for the Binding of Medium- to Long-Chain Perfluoroalkyl Acids to Human Serum Albumin Through a Mechanistic Evaluation of Spectroscopic Evidence." Analytical Chemistry, 2010, 82 (15), 6463.
- MacManus-Spencer, L.A.; Tse, M.L.; Hebert, P.C.; Bischel, H.N.; Luthy, R.G. "Binding of Perfluorocarboxylates to Serum Albumin: A Comparison of Analytical Methods." Analytical Chemistry, 2010, 82 (3), 974.
- Hebert, P.C.; MacManus-Spencer, L.A. Binding of perfluorochemicals to serum albumin: A mechanistic evaluation of spectroscopic measurements. Division of Analytical Chemistry, ACS National Meeting. March 21-25, 2010.
- Hebert, P.C.; Baig, S.; Carroll, M.K.; Anderson, A.M. Spectroscopic analysis of metal-porphyrin doped aerogels. Division of Analytical Chemistry, ACS National Meeting. August 16-20, 2009.
Academic Society Memberships:
- 2009 - present: Member of the American Chemical Society, Phi Beta Kappa (ΦΒΚ), and Sigma Xi (ΣΞ)
- 2008 - present: Member of Eta Sigma Phi (ΗΣΦ)
Awards, Honors, and Fellowships:
- Pei Wang Fellow, University of Wisconsin at Madison. (2010-2011)
- Valedictorian of the Class of 2010, Union College. (2010)
- George H. Catlin Prize, Union College. (2010)
- Charles B. Hurd Prize, Union College. (2010)
- Division of Analytical Chemistry of the American Chemical Society Award, Union College. (2009)
- Robert M. Fuller Prize, Union College. (2008)